My Patterns

A place to showcase my designs. Some of the patterns are free, and some are for sale. This is also where crocheters who are working on my designs can ask questions and know more about the pattern.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Appliques for Baby Items


Appliques for Baby Items
Designed and copyrighted by: Mimi Alelis @2005
http://mycrochetstuff.blogspot.com
Note: This pattern cannot be posted anywhere else on the internet.

Materials: Cotton thread, small amounts
Size 2 or 1.75mm steel hook

Flower : With white (contrasting color) , ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Join with sl st to first sc. Change to pink (main color), [ (ch 2, 3dc, ch 2, sl st) in the same sc, sl st to the next sc], 6 times, making 6 petals.

Star : With any color, ch 2, 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Join with sl st to first sc.
[ (ch 2, dc, ch 2, sl st in 2nd ch from hook, dc, hdc, ch 1, sl st) in the same sc, sl st to the next sc], 5 times, making 5 points. (Note: this applique is reversible.)

Butterfly : With dk color (for body), ch 8, sl st on 2nd ch from hook, sc in the next 5 ch, 3 sc and sl st on the last ch. Fasten off.
Attach light color (for wings)on the 2nd sc from tail end, [(ch 2, dc, 2 tr, ch 3, sl st) in the same sc], skip 1 sc, sl st on the next sc, repeat [ ].
Ch 2, passing under the body, sl st on the opposite edge of the 2nd wing made, [(ch2, dc, 2 tr, ch 3, sl st) in same stitch], skip 1 stitch, sl st on the next stitch. repeat [ ]. Fasten off.

Balloons : With any color, leaving a 6” tail for sewing, ch 2, 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Do not join, work continuously around: 2 sc in next 6 sc, sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc, sc in the next sc, sc and hdc in the next sc, sl st in next sc. Ch 1, turn, sl st on the next st. Ch 7, or more for the string. Fasten off.
Photo of balloons sewn on mittens is here.

All my designs in one page - thanks to Ravelry!

22 Comments:

  • At 1:14 PM , Blogger Tina said...

    These are just so cute, I can't get over it! I was also thinking, have you seen that project (crochet) booklet for crocheting 'scrapbook' pieces? Have you ever heard of that? You could use these for scrapbooking, too. I am not into scrapbooking myself any more, but I have a niece who is. Maybe I could make some of these for her. Thank you for another great pattern, Mimi!

     
  • At 2:30 PM , Blogger Mimi said...

    Oh yes, it would make nice scrapbooking accessories too! Thanks for your comments, Tina!

     
  • At 8:09 AM , Blogger lovetocrochet said...

    these are really adorable !

     
  • At 5:27 PM , Blogger diosaperdida said...

    really cute..I would like to try them in thread.

     
  • At 12:00 AM , Blogger marie said...

    these are really nice!! i have never crocheted before, but i really want to try. been online looking for patterns for my grandma (who crochets) to teach me with, and i found this. thanks!

     
  • At 4:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thank you for sharing! I crocheted 3 flowers this morning as accessories for the hats I made for my children. They look so sweet!

     
  • At 4:28 PM , Blogger Mimi said...

    You're welcome Spiritsong, and thanks for letting me know ;)

     
  • At 2:19 PM , Blogger Diane said...

    Hi Mimi...I was wondering how I could get the pattern for the Fun
    Fur Cell Phone Sling Purse...thanks...Diane

     
  • At 7:32 AM , Blogger glaucia said...

    Ola acabei de conecer seu blog e adorei as idéias todas maravilhosas parabéns mil beijocas tenha uma ótima semana.

     
  • At 7:50 AM , Blogger Mimi said...

    Obrigado, eu estou contente você gostei de meu trabalho!

     
  • At 8:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I just finished a flower for a sweater I made for my puppy. Now it matches her daisy print collar. It looks adorable. Thanks, from both of us.

     
  • At 5:44 AM , Blogger V. said...

    Gorgeous - love the work you are doing, so inspiring!
    ~V of V's Crochet Blog

     
  • At 9:52 AM , Blogger PeWee said...

    Thank you for the flower pattern! It worked up so lovely for my Mrs Snowman's hat!

     
  • At 6:32 PM , Blogger Kathy W said...

    Thank you for the pattern! I plan on making some of these to use as embellishments for my sister's birthday card (I am a papercrafter).

     
  • At 7:50 PM , Blogger Mimi said...

    Thank you all for the feedback ;)

     
  • At 4:40 PM , Anonymous Karabouts said...

    This is such a nice flower pattern. Thanks for posting it! Kara

     
  • At 7:50 AM , Anonymous sunflower said...

    Hi
    These are such lovely designs. Can you tell me what the abbreviation 'sc' is ... I thought I knew most of the stitches!
    Thanks

     
  • At 3:03 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    These are adorable! I made a scarf for my niece and put some flowers on it. It came out adorable! These are also so easy. Thanks!

     
  • At 5:53 AM , Blogger grammi said...

    Oh, I don't know how to say thankyou over and over again. I searched on here looking for something like this and couldn't find anything that looked like baby appliques. Now I have found them and they're just perfect for adding to baby clothes. The stores don't have anything like this and you have made my day!!

     
  • At 4:20 PM , Anonymous MrsC said...

    These are so cute! I made a bunch of butterflies in different weights and colors and turned them into magnets. So CUTE!!@!@!

     
  • At 5:18 PM , Blogger kasthurirajam said...

    Thanks 4 sharing

     
  • At 5:21 PM , Blogger kasthurirajam said...

    nice

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.